Installing Microsoft Office 2016 for the Mac is an easy process. This guide will walk you through the download and installation process for your Microsoft Office product.
Before installing, be sure that your computer meets the system requirements and that no previous or trial version of Microsoft Office is installed.
1. Check to see if you meet the system requirements: For Office System Requirements, go to www.office.microsoft.com/systemrequirements
2. Check to make sure that no previous or trial version of Microsoft Office is installed. Don't worry, Microsoft Office Professional Plus is backwards compatible. None of your old data files will be lost. To determine if you have a previous or trial version of Microsoft Office:
a. Open your Finder and then open Applications. If you find any old Office Applications, Office program Folders, or trial versions, remove them by simply dragging them to the "Trash."
Download and Install Microsoft Office
1. Access “Your Microsoft Product is Ready!” email that was sent to you from ThinkEDU.
2. Click on the download link in the email from ThinkEDU to begin the download process.
3.. Once the link is clicked, it will take you to a website where you can begin the download.
4. To begin, click on the first download link for Office Home & Business 2016 for Mac
DO NOT Click the Download button to "Lync for Mac". This is for school's only.
5. On the next screen you will be prompted to "Sign In" OR "Create a New Account"
For users with previously existing accounts. IF you have another version of Office still active on your account your product key will not be recognized. You will need to have this other version removed/canceled from your account by Microsoft before you can activate your new version.
6. Once you are signed in or finish creating an account you will be prompted to enter the product key and begin the installation.
Your Product key is embedded with the download. If everything goes well, the software should be automatically activated OR was activated when prompted to enter the key after signing in.