Installation Guide: Microsoft Office 2016 - Mac (WAH)
Installing Microsoft Office 2016 for the Mac is an easy process. This guide will walk you through the download and installation process for your Microsoft Office product.
Before installing, be sure that your computer meets the system requirements and that no previous or trial version of Microsoft Office is installed.
1. Check to see if you meet the system requirements: For Office System Requirements, go to www.office.microsoft.com/systemrequirements
2. Check to make sure that no previous or trial version of Microsoft Office is installed. Don't worry, Microsoft Office Professional Plus is backwards compatible. None of your old data files will be lost. To determine if you have a previous or trial version of Microsoft Office:
a. Open your Finder and then open Applications. If you find any old Office Applications, Office program Folders, or trial versions, remove them by simply dragging them to the "Trash."
Download and installing Microsoft Office
2. Access “Your Microsoft Product is Ready!” email that was sent to you from ThinkEDU.
3. Click on the download link in the email from ThinkEDU to begin the download process.
4. Once the link is clicked, it will take you to a website where you need to create a Microsoft Account.
5. Follow the on screen instructions. Once completed, the installation should begin.
Your Product key is embedded with the download. If everything goes well, the software should be automatically activated. However, if the programs aren’t automatically activated with the embedded key you will see a text box to enter an email, there’s a small link below the blue "Next" button that you should use to "Enter a product key instead". DO NOT enter in the email address, instead, click the link that will allow you to enter in the Product Key that came with your download instructions (you should see a small link below the blue "Next" button" that will allow you to directly enter the product key that you received. Assuming you enter it in correctly, you will be good to go.